Monday, August 12, 2013

Favorite Writing and Editing Software

I usually use Microsoft Word--pretty basic, right? And I have Scrivener, but I haven't taken the time to figure it all out. It looks useful. (And they have a free 30-day trial) I bought Scrivener with a NaNoWriMo winner discount for $20--it's usually $40.

My favorite editing tool is SmartEdit. They offer a free 10-day trial of SmartEdit. I got a older, free edition of it somewhere (that was a while back, though). SmartEdit looks for repeated words and phrases, and also locates cliches. I like putting a number on repetition, so I scan documents with it before I start editing just to know what words I should watch out for. It's one thing to notice when a word is a bit overused, but it's an entirely different thing when you quantify that.

Do you have any favorite software for writing or editing purposes?

No comments:

Post a Comment