Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Electricity, Gardening and Whims

My place didn't lose power as badly as expected. We were only in the dark for a few hours--and it started before the storm even rolled in...which means that it also happened as I was one page away from proofing a story I wrote and halfway through writing the submission cover letter...bah! Other than that I've been busy packing my house up and working on painting the office. I also don't remember when we finished putting the new flooring in the living room, but that room is finished now. I'll probably be ready to list the house for sale at the end of the week.

I've been working on emptying out the garden, too. I canned tomato sauce (3 quarts and 1 pint) and made salsa (7 pints) on Monday. I don't like salsa, but I also don't like wasting food. It apparently turned out good enough, @cielwilson took one jar and it appeared to be edible and smelled like salsa. It's also unfortunate that I'm not a big fan of raw tomatoes either because I picked about two dozen more tonight.

A couple days ago I purchased some boxed sets of books on a whim.I bought The Lord of the Rings set, complete with The Hobbit. I'm sometimes afraid of reading Tolkien for whatever reason, but I will read it now that I own it.
I also bought The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod based pretty much on the cover design alone. It's YA, so probably a quick read, and the cover design is so sleek and fun that I hope it is indicative of the interior contents. I also like vampire stories...most of the time.

So, it just rolled over to midnight and I have my August schedule planned. I'm so much happier when I'm busy...and, since the house-related projects are mostly settled, I can get caught up on editing photos.

Also, I'm involved with another play...
From the ABC Players--AUDITIONS for Nightfall with Edgar Allan Poe will be held Saturday and Sunday, August 25 and 26 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Stuart's Opera House. 3 males, 1 female, 8-9 gender independent roles.  Please be familiar with Poe's “The Raven” “The Fall of the House of Usher,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” and “The Tell Tale Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment