Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Goals for July

I've been kind of out of it for a while due to a bout of severe depression, my regular unmedicated anxiety (that will soon be medicated...in August since that was the first available medication appointment), and a shoulder injury in early June, so I'm trying to get back into writing and reading by making small goals that are relatively easy for me to achieve. Maybe I'll set more ambitious writing goals in August, but for now this is supposed to motivate me instead of discourage me.

Writing Goals:
Finish a short story I've been calling, "We can't stop here, this is Lovecraft country"--It will probably be done at under 8k, but it's at 3.7k right now.
Rewrite six poems in order to make them more firmly in the Horror genre.

Reading Goals:
Finish reading Dark Faith (I'm about halfway through it)
Finish reading Queer Fish: Volume 2 (I have a story in there, but never got around to reading all the others)
Read Long Hidden
Read All Marketers Tell Stories by Seth Godin
Read Gods and Monsters: Unclean Spirits by Chuck Wendig
Read Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. "We can't stop here, this is Lovecraft country" I would like to read that based upon the title, alone.

    I've similarly been writing down goals. I've hardly accomplished crap in the last decade. I'm not getting very far, though, unfortunately. And because I'd like to do like twenty different things, I become locked up and can't manage to be productive with so much as one thing.

    I still have a bag full of books from the library, but I was going to re-watch Star Wars and then read the books. I also started and read halfway through Dracula, but lost focus after reading the seafarers' language, because it was really throwing me off. I picked up The Hobbit, but kept getting, uhhh..., distracted, because I found it slightly arousing. I can't stop thinking about sex while I'm reading The Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete