Monday, November 1, 2010

When life gives you annoyance, long waits and near-death experiences...


...write poetry.
My day in poetry form.

Puppy Wuppy

Wet noses
soft hair
curly, wire,
and smooth
brindle
dependable
a friend
through and through

A hound
and a beagle
A walk to my car
bounding and free
yapping,
and barking
I turn askew
"IF YOU SO MUCH AS SNIFF ME
IT WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU EVER DO!"

They run

I don't really like dogs

11-1-10

Head-on avoidance
Bare fuel
Ten miles over
Two hours
Three minutes
Rounding up
I named it
Wilder
And Grey
but they were grey
already
As are we all
a world of shades
Shiny black shoes
grey striped grit
two dollars
five levels
token
of affliction
if only we could hope
to live
so boldly


High

I like the roof
the world all around
the city lies before me
I am above them
except those
in the distance



Declaration of Inspiration

We, the artists
in a world that
make-believe
we are mad
to capture fancy
and not forget
we will stare
life blinks
all fleeting

No comments:

Post a Comment