Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Like The Black Keys, but Not As Much As My Subconscious Does




I wanted to post this the other day, but I keep being super lame and falling asleep really early because I have a cold (and I suck).
So, The Black Keys are doing a show at The Schott in March 2012 and tickets officially went on sale Friday, but the pre-sale was Thursday. I listened to CD101 that morning and heard the pre-sale code, but I know I can't afford to buy tickets now and I don't like arena shows unless I'm desperate to see a band. I went on through the day and did my usual take the Vicodin and fall asleep on the sofa at 8pm thing that I've been doing the past week because in addition to an annoying cold I'm still recovering from having my broken tooth pulled.

During that sleepy time I had a dream.
I'm driving along US 33, coming back from Athens apparently, and I stop at a gas station, but it's not a gas station because it looks like a Mooby's. Once I'm in the Mooby-like gas station thing everything is so yellow and red inside and the fluorescent lights burn my eyes because I don't deal well with those sorts of things. So I look up after being blinded and my brother--who lives in South Carolina-- is standing behind the counter. We don't recognize each other at first, and he had shaved his beard off, which is trippy, but he still has long hair. Once we recognize each other he starts talking about The Black Keys and how we're getting tickets to this show. I don't know if he even likes the band or not IRL, but whatever.
So, we go in this storage area, or break room, or office, or place with lots of boxes and a computer, and we sit on boxes and I know the pre-sale code (It was "lonely," like the song I posted up there "Lonely Boy"), and we totally buy tickets. And there were a lot of "and"s in that last sentence. Then we give high fives and say things like "I'm so stoked" and "Super sweet," etc. My subconscious makes people talk funny. I don't know if I've ever said "I'm so stoked." :D
And then I woke up.
And I still haven't bought tickets because I don't really like arena shows. Also, I'm kind of broke.
So, the message I got from this dream was that it would be cool to hang out with my brother, and that I think The Black Keys are pretty cool, but somewhere in my head a portion of my brain is going "OMG, I LOVE THE BLACK KEYS!!!!1! OMFG! OMFG!"
And I just don't like them quite like that... but I really would like to see the Arctic Monkeys sometime(They're the supporting act for that show).

No comments:

Post a Comment